-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jani Tiainen
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:15 AM
To: trac@lists.edgewall.com
Subject: Re: [Trac] How to write report SQL to group by day

ECKHART.CURT kirjoitti:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to write a TRAC report, and I'm stumped by a little thing.
>
> I'm closing out a project which we've controlled using TRAC and I need
> to begin monitoring items closed out each day.
>
> I tried a clause:
>
> time AS __group__
>
> in the hopes of getting each day's tickets grouped by day.  I didn't
> really expect it to work and it didn't.
>
> How could I write a report SQL to get groups of one per day?

You need to format that time value to return suitable group, like
formating it only for DD-MM-YYYY format or similiar...

so you output something like

to_char(time, 'DD-MM-YYYY') AS __group__

(formating system may vary)

Otherwise you just get grouped by all tickets entered at spesific, exact

moment.

--

Jani Tiainen