You can apply the authentication rule to the whole project, ie. change
the "Location" directive to include the project top "dir":

     <Location "/trac/project">
       AuthType Basic
       .../...
       Order deny,allow
       Allow from all
     </Location>
     # /trac

instead of

     <Location "/trac/project/login">
       AuthType Basic
       .../...
       Order deny,allow
       Allow from all
     </Location>
     # /trac

I was wondering if there is a way to "protect" Trac. In other words, I don't
want the outside world seeing Trac unless they can login (that includes the main
page). I want only authenticated users to be allowed to view and edit the site.
Is this possible? As of now, I am using Trac with mod_python. I saw that thee is
a "login" area, but I want to secure the whole thing.

Thx!

Manu