On 7/11/06, Matthew Good <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, when you configure the authentication in Apache use a <Location>
block that covers the whole Trac site, not just the login URL.

So, instead of:
<Location /projects/login>
# auth setup
Require valid-user
</Location>

Use:
<Location /projects>
# auth setup
Require valid-user
</Location>

FYI, this will cause problems for IE users. IE users (ick) won't be
able to access the search or wiki queries. The get a 'page cannot be
found' error and apache logs:

[Wed Jul 12 14:09:22 2006] [error] [client blah] Digest: uri mismatch -
 </trac/search> does not match request-uri
</trac/search?q=blah&ticket=on&changeset=on&wiki=on>, referer:
http://blahsvn/trac/search

With the auth on /trac/login, search works just fine with IE, but with
it on /trac it won't.

It turns out this some sort of IE RFC compliance issue, adding:
BrowserMatch "MSIE*" AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

To my apache httpd.conf seems to have fixed the problem for me.

                         --Clem