Hi Kevin,

Its nice to hear from someone down under ( I might bet that you've heard that
many times before).

In your previous post, you wrote:

"Slight correction though Ron:
1.  TS001 is currently under review within ACIF and the outcome of that
review will be either to:
-  remove requirements no longer appropriate and transfer the remainder into
other documents; or
-  revise and republish TS001."

This is encouraging. However, I could find no status from the ACIF website on
TS001 (or to be
AS/ACIF S001?) As to working TS001 into other documents, IMHO this would create
a large amount of
duplication.

"2.  TS001:1997 is still called up by the regulations.  TS001 requires
compliance with AS/NZS 3260, so until such time as the ACIF review into
TS001 is completed all telecoms product MUST comply with TS001:1997, and
therefore AS/NZS 3260 (even thought the current national safety standard is
in fact AS/NZS 60950)."

Agreed. But to potentially open a can of worms, do you know how the ACIF
intends to treat TS001
equipment revisions after ACIF S001 is published OR, as you've stated, after
TS001 is worked into
other documents? Just curious.

Comments anyone?

Best regards,