Hi Bill et al,

AS/NZS 60950 was published and released on 5-Apr-2000. The plan is for it to
supersede AS/NZS
3260:1993 three years from publication. I believe that either standard may be
used during this
transition period.

I also believe that the latest edition of TS001 (ACA TS001:1997) is a bit
behind in that it still
heavily references AS3260 and "IEC950" with no forseeable revisions. This is
unfortunate in that in
about a year, TS001 will be referring to a superceded standard.

Comments?

Best regards,

Ron Pickard
rpick...@hypercom.com

                    bill.ellingford@motion

                    -media.com                    To:     ro...@tgc.se,
treg@world.std.com
                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    treg-appro...@world.st        Subject:     RE: Australian
POTs req's
                    d.com

                    01/23/02 05:45 AM

                    Please respond to

                    bill.ellingford

Hi Roger & Treg
Yes, the NATA MRA lab info is important, I hoped this would be found when
looking at the ACA details of the technical file makeup but I should not
make assumptions!

The AS/NZS3260 is about (may already have happened) to be replaced and for a
period, will be used in para with the latest 60 950.  I am not sure of the
status of this change hence the wording in my original mail warning to check
the situation carefully.
The required version of 60 950 may only be draft at present but AS and NZS
are publicising this move.  This also dictates whether you need the TS001.

Finally, yes, good to have some debate.  I think we need more approvals work
related subjects in countries other than EU and USA to keep the interest
alive!

Thanks for the input:  Bill Ellingford