It would have been better if the word had been translated immerse in our Bibles rather than baptism, and this would have ruled many modern ceremonies which are called baptism, James Templeton

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 October 2002 17:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Sin & Christian Perfection

Glenn this friend DavidM - You are really enjoyed this aren't you.  :-)

Glenn wrote:

> David, I can't comminute with you on this.
> You, my friend, Are so blinded on this subject
> it is unbelievable.  Baptizio is NOT a translation
> but a compromise; a transliteration.  They did
> not translate the word.  Much learning has made
> thee mad on this.  :-)

I understand that the word "baptize" is basically a transliteration.  But we
have many words in the English language that are simply transliterated
words.  Nothing is unusual about that.  All I was trying to say is that they
didn't exactly transliterate the word, otherwise it would be baptizo.  What
they did was keep a word that already was common in English, which was a
general transliteration, just like the word "Peter" is a transliteration of
Greek.

If you think that the word baptize was not part of the English language back
then, you are mistaken.  Is that what you think?  Is that why we are having
problems communicating?