\o/ !HALALU Yah! \o/
Greetings Bruce in the Matchless Name of YahShua !!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Woodford"
Sent: 08/04/2003 12:18 PM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Practical Issues relative to house churches

You wrote:
> That IS a possibility, but I have learned not to assume that such is always
> the case.

Absolutely ... never assume ... truly it is not that such is always the case ... only most of the time (back to Matthew 7:13-14).

> I know many godly believers (far more spiritual and godly than
> myself) who are in institutional systems. I was myself for many years.

Same here ...

> I had simply accepted the system in
> which I'd grown up as being what God intended!

Same here ...

> It was only after God brought
> circumstances into my life and compelled me to search the scriptures and
> compare what was there to what we practiced that I began to realize that we
> had been far from the mark for centuries.
Same here ...

> For that reason, I believe we need to be patient with others in the system.

Absolutely ... patience is part of the fruit that you are of The Spirit.  However, even patience has an end.

> Maybe these dicussions are the very first time such practices have ever been
> challenged in their thinking. I certainly wrestled with these things for
> months before I made any break.

Same here ...

> When I did it was costly to be sure, but we
> have never ever regretted obeying the Lord and following His Word!
Same here ...

> So I try to keep II Timothy 2:24 in mind: "The servant of the Lord must not
> strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness
> instructing them that oppose themselves;"
>
> Bruce
Absolutely ... let us follow after the apostle's words AND example.  This Scripture is obviously not an absolute because Paul DID strive and was NOT gentle unto all men at all times.  I keep Deuteronomy 8:3 and Matthew/Luke 4:4 in mind at all times.

Again, thanks for your input.  I enjoy it very much.

Ahava b' YahShua
(Love in The SAVIOUR)
Baruch YHVH,

Bro. Chris Barr