Terry wrote:
> C'mon David.  The water did not save Noah.
> Noah was saved FROM the water, by the same
> God that saved us.  It is God, not the water,
> in every case.

I understand the perspective you want to bring out.  There is nothing
wrong with you giving God the glory for the salvation, but you ought not
deny God's use of water in bringing about the salvation.  The Bible very
clearly says that water saved Noah.

1 Peter 3:20, "... eight souls were saved by water."

And just as clearly it says that baptism saves us.

1Pe 3:21, "... baptism doth also now save us."

Terry wrote:
> That is what I am trying to point out To you.
> Water washes away dirt, not sin.  Only blood
> can do that.

We agree on this point about the remission of sins, but it seemed to me
that you were saying that the passage is not talking about water baptism
at all, but rather about a spiritual baptism done at some other time.
I'm trying to point out that the passage would not talk about Noah being
saved by water, and then speak about how this was representative of
baptism saving us if the baptism to which he was referring was not
"water baptism."  Furthermore, his mention of "not by the putting away
of the filth of the flesh" clearly indicates that he has water baptism
in view here.  None of these comments are meant to demean his point that
the saving part of water baptism is not the water of the baptism, but
what happens internally to the person who partakes of baptism by faith.

Terry wrote:
> I take irrefutable to mean that I cannot change
> your mind, but I do humbly ask that you study it
> again.

No, I do not mean that my mind won't change, but rather I am saying that
the Bible is VERY CLEAR on this matter and it would take some very clear
and significant piece of information to change what is seemingly so
clear and incontrovertible.  Do you really hold to the position that
Peter is not talking about water baptism in this passage?  Upon what
Biblical text do you take this position?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.