Judy wrote:
> I believe the Street Preachers knew they would get
> a reaction and this is why they were waving the
> underwear about in front of the Temple during one
> of the busiest times.

Wait a minute.  Are you saying that you think the Street Preachers knew
they would get a VIOLENT reaction?  Clearly they were trying to get
their attention, but that doesn't mean they were seeking a violent
reaction.

Judy wrote:
> ***I don't support taking away any rights but
> isn't there a Public Park in Salt Lake City
> where the Street Preachers can go and it would be
> less contentious and more conducive to persuading
> and communicating with people without a scene?

>From what I understand, the preachers ARE in a public area that is very
conducive for initiating dialogue.  The Mormons want to spend millions
to convert the public property into private property, just so the public
cannot engage in this kind of activity next to their Temple. In other
words, they want their privacy.

You really do not seem to understand what free speech is all about.  If
you move the public areas far away on purpose, you are squelching free
speech.  How can people raise objections to what the Temple if doing to
the ones who need to hear it most if you close off the public forums
near the Temple?  They certainly have a right to their privacy in their
buildings, but to go out of their way and spend millions to prohibit
criticism only communicates that they have a lot to hide.

One thing we can say about the Jewish Temple, they never did that.  They
recognized areas near the Temple for everyone, including Gentiles, and
they separated areas within the Temple where women were not allowed and
where only priests could go.

Judy wrote:
> ***Anyone who is born again and filled with the
> Holy Spirit knows that Mormonism is a different
> gospel with another spirit. So what is the problem?

I disagree.

Judy wrote:
> ***Not if they can't receive the blessing because
> of the obnoxious way it is being presented.

Before you lay down a foundation for a house, what do you have to do?
You have to clear the lot, remove the old structures, then lay down the
foundation and then build the house.  Don't try building until you have
first cleared the land, and you call that being obnoxious?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.