Lance wrote:
> From/by/through God alone can God be known. It's not
> conscience (there's no spark of the divine in HK) but
> REVELATION that "converts" As with Paul so with each
> one.

The idea of conscience being a candle of God, independent of culture,
has much Biblical support.  I'm going to wait until you define HK for me
because I'm thinking that I must be misunderstanding you.  It sounds
like you are saying that men do not have a conscience until they have a
revelation and are born again.  It sounds like you are saying that men
have no spark of the divine at all without being born again.  Please
tell me whether or not these are your assumptions.  I could bring forth
many passages to repudiate this idea, but I don't want to waste time on
this if I am misunderstanding you.

In case you are saying these things, to get us started, let me ask you
to explain how you deal with a passage like John 8:9 which speaks about
unregenerated men being convicted by their own conscience.

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto
them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at
her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which
heard it, BEING CONVICTED BY THEIR OWN CONSCIENCE, went out one by one,
beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone,
and the woman standing in the midst.  (John 8:7-9 KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.