\o/ !HALALU YAH! \o/
Greetings in the Matchless Name of YahShua!

The Declaration of Independence was penned (pun intended) in the state chartered to William Penn by the crown. This was done with the hope that Penn and the Quakers he joined league with would depart from England.

American history books routinely tell of Penn's English imprisonment for his faith. However, they never tell that it was a specific aspect of his faith for which he was imprisoned. Even his beloved Quakers have lost sight and left behind that aspect of Penn's faith.

Today people commonly think of quietness and pacificsm when they think of Quakers. In fact, the first Quakers were the street preachers and open air evangelists of their day. Penn's Quakers drove the Baptists of their day that had previously been the vociferous ones to the indoors and quiet.

Presbyterians, Anglicans and other religious groups persecuted the Quakers. Puritans in the colonies who had escaped England and persecution themselves HANGED Quakers -- men and women -- for the very reason that England had only imprisoned William Penn. They did so before the Pennsylvania grant that provided haven for Penn's Quakers.

As other faiths finally had refused further public debate with Penn and his Quakers the printing press became Penn's new pulpit.

'The Sandy Foundation Shaken' scandalized England. Penn was arrested and imprisoned in the Tower of London.

Dr. Henchman, Bishop of London, resolved that Penn should either publicly recant or languish the rest of his life in prison.

Penn, ever loquacious, gave a lengthy response that included the following brief portion:

"… my prison shall be my grave, before I will budge a jot; for I owe my conscience to no mortal man; I have no need to fear. God will make amends for all."

Penn then answered with another writing, 'Innocency with her Open Face'.

Penn was jailed because it was said that he denied God.

It took me almost 20 years to secure copy of these writings five years ago. They have only recently FINALLY been published in a volume of Penn's writings.

An archivist of the old line Quaker group, 'Society of Friends' procured a copy for me after a long search noting to me that "they were much harder to locate than I had expected".

"I must say that the title sounds embarrassing to me," he wrote further.

The first of three subtitles to 'The Sandy Foundation Shaken' is, "One God, subsisting in three distinct and separate persons -- REFUTED".

Penn denied the trinity doctrine in 'The Sandy Foundation Shaken' and that was twisted to say that he therefore denied God.

Penn gave answer with detailed reasonings that "then is Christ God" and conversely "then is God Christ" as only one person rather than two or three separate persons in his 'Innocency with her Open Face'. The charge that he denied God was shown therefore to be false and his release thereby secured. He only denied that the trinity is God or that God is a trinity.

Ah, how I do LOVE history and TRUTH!

William Penn … a man after my own heart.

Ahava b' YahShua
(Love in The SAVIOUR)
Baruch YHVH,
(Bless The LORD)