I don't accept fairy tales.

What if I gave you a list of Succesive heads of the Baptist church going all the way back to John the Baptist? We would need to have a history of that Church to go along with the names.
As far as Peter how did he become a Pope? There is absolutely no history that the RCC can point to.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:   Did not the early apostles (mentioned in the Bible) possess the authority of God?  Do you know of any who you are certain had the authority as was given by the Lord who lived after they (the Biblical apostles) died?

    The RCC folks claim the authority as given to Peter was then handed down to the popes through the centuries, and can presumably name them all.  I assume you do not accept that lineage of authority though.  I am curious why you would not accept it though?

Kevin Deegan wrote:
I am interested to see how DH's General Apostacy theory holds water after seeing these facts.

Where was the break in authority DH?
Who was the last group to Hold it?

CD wrote:
> Correct Kevin somewhere around 400 ad.

Actually, the Roman Catholic Church came into existence in 1054, when it
split away from the churches of the East. About 500 years later it
splintered into the various Protestant groups.

http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Dave Hansen