Judy  --  my point is this:   if you reject the notion that Jesus Christ and God are the same,   then you believe that Jesus the man saved mankind   -----------------    man saving man.   An impossibility.  Perhaps Bill could make my point clearer  or Lance or Gary.  ....

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Cc: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:44:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The Eternal Sonship and the Adoption heresey

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:09:52 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Especially in view of the foregoing.   To argue that at some point in time,  Jesus Christ became the Son of God is to preach the doctrine of Adoption.  You have man saving man instead of God saving man  --  and that bothers me. Jd
How can you call it "man saving man" when it is what God ordained from the foundation of the world?  Jesus is called many things in scripture including "the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world"

I don't believe this (man saving man)   .....   you do if you believe that he was not God in the flesh. jd

This man saving man idea is a figment of your own imagination JD.  If God could have redeemed
mankind as God then Jesus would never have had to be born of the woman and learn obedience
by suffering.  It could have all been done from heaven.