I think that we have isolated the problem, Dave.  You seem to be thinking like the world instead of as a follower who has taken up the cross and died to self.
Terry

Dave Hansen wrote:
Those wearing one are sending a message that they follow Christ.

DAVEH:   Unfortunately, they naively fail to understand the message they are sending, IMHO.  As I've explained before, the world recognizes the cross as a symbol of death.  And for anybody familiar with the historical meaning of what the cross did to our Savior, why they would want to project a message of torture, suffering and death........is simply incredible to me.