Judy:The question 'what is too difficult for God' is not the sort of question I'm given to asking. However, if I've asked a question too difficult for Conor then, I'd just ask that Conor take a pass. It is Conor's choice.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: March 17, 2006 08:45
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Physics, Astronomy and Genesis chapters 1-11

Why try to confuse Conor right off the bat Lance?  Genesis is not a "science book" per se.
Although the writer of Genesis is also the God who created all that is called "science"
Are you asking Conor to interpret Genesis in the light of Astronomy and Physics?

Just this morning I read this interaction between DaveH and KevinD   (I think) ...

KD: That is explained by the fire and brimstone imagery that is in reality endless torment.
a fire which cannot be consumed, even an unquenchable fire

DAVEH:   More imagery that is physically an impossibility.  Fire can be extinguished, whereas
mental torment can go on forever.

So tell me - What is a physical impossibility for God? The same God who delivered what he had
promised to Abraham and Sarah when they were 90 and 100yrs old respectively. A God who was
able to roll back the Red Sea until his people crossed and afterward kept them in the desert for 40yrs
feeding them with manna from heaven and keeping their clothes from wearing out and their feet from
swelling.  The same God who stopped the sun for 24 hours and caused an axe head to float on water
The God who energized His prophet causing him to run for 25 miles in front of Jezebels' chariot and
had the ravens feed him while he rested and regrouped in a cave.

Tell me - what would be too difficult for a God like this and how can the feeble efforts of man explain
Him?