Lance wrote:
> You do KNOW, do you not David, that
> that's NOT the source of his embarrassment?
> Rowan Williams is not embarrassed concerning
> our Lord ANYWHERE. He, not unlike many,
> are embarrassed over believers turning
> non-issues into 'issues'. (i.e. creationISM)

There is more to this issue that this.  Is he embarrassed of certain brands
of creationism?  Of course.  I am too.  I'm embarrassed of Henry Morris and
that whole ICR group over there.  At the same time, they serve a purpose in
what they do, and we should not revolt to them so much that we accept the
atheistic and scientific agenda of removing all references to the Creator
from our public schools.

You say it is a NON-ISSUE?  I consider such a statement ignorant in the
extreme.  Deceptive to the core.  There is one thing that the ICR group has
illustrated, and that is that this is an issue.

I talked with a student a few months ago, John Boyles, just before he was
elected to be President of Student Government at the University of Florida.
I talked with him about the persecution my daughter is undergoing at UF just
because she believes the Bible that homosexual behavior is sinful.  He
confided to me that he applied for a Rhodes scholarship to study theology at
Oxford.  He was turned down because he argued in his oral examination /
interview that the idea of Intelligent Design should be considered in the
classroom.  If this was a non-issue, these professors of theology would have
tolerated his creationist convictions.  I wish I could convey to you the
grief this man carried over his own religious persecution by those who would
not have him study theology because he believed intelligent design theories
should be considered in school.

I truly believe that these modern theologians assume that scientists are
well studied in origins and are deeply convicted about the truth of
evolutionary processes and the absurdity of the teaching of Genesis.  When
the truth comes out, they will be the ones who will be greatly embarrassed
in the day of our Lord.  The philosopher Thomas Khun was right in how he
depicted the way science really operates.  These theologians who object to
Creationist models of origins should pay attention to him just a little bit
more.

David Miller