judyt

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Continuing with my farewell impressions...

Although John Smithson is a rather emotional person with whom I have butted
heads concerning over-generalizations and stereotypic expressions, I have
appreciated John's keen interest in theology and philosophy.  He has
ventured into areas which others on TruthTalk would not.  By doing so, John
has opened up avenues of thought and reflection which would otherwise have
been stagnant.  John was never afraid of a good brawl and often moved topics
on TruthTalk into fisticuffs.  I appreciated such opportunities as a way to
dig deeper into issues, furthering a reductionistic method of breaking down
subjects into smaller parts for analysis.  I will always have fond thoughts
about his passion for issues that were usually on the periphery of my
thinking.

Kevin Deegan has been a great contributor, always great with links and
information about almost any issue.  Kevin's breath of reading comes across
loud and clear, but more than just being well read, he has expressed a
passion for truth.  He takes a hard line stance that is helpful to others
willing to give a thorough study of a particular issue.  While Kevin is
quick to quip, he also exhibits a patience to keep ploughing along with
difficult subjects.  I think I will remember Kevin's patience more than the
actual information he has posted.  May God grant me the ability to stick
with it like Kevin does, to present God's truth, despite what the detractors
might offer.  I also cannot sign off without mentioning my admiration for
Kevin's sacrifice and diligence toward preaching the Word of God to those
outside the churches of Jesus Christ.  Such will always continue to inspire
me.

Carroll Dean Moore will be best remembered for his no-nonsense seriousness
with which he approaches life and the Word of God.  I will remember Dean's
passion and loyalty toward what he perceives to be the right path.  When I
think of Dean, I tend to remember the passage from 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober,
be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh
about, seeking whom he may devour."  Thank you Dean.

Ruben Israel Chavez will be remembered for his always uplifting preaching
reports.  I stand in awe of the sacrifice he makes as he travels around the
country and the world, preaching the Truth of Christ to those who are
unchurched.  Ruben also has taken time to joust with us from time to time,
and to explain his thinking about issues of importance.  Ruben is a constant
model of being a preacher of the Word and not just a student.  Such will
always be in my mind.

Charles Perry Locke has been a gentlemen among gentlemen.  He is passionate
about truth and at the same time well mannered and filled with common sense
I appreciate Perry's sacrifice in helping moderate the list for a long time.
In posts, he has perhaps been among the most patient.  When I have been very
dense in hearing him on a point, he would take the time to spell it out
clearly until I got it.  Many others would have simply made fun of me and
gone on to other issues.  Not Perry.  I will always cherish his
longsuffering and clear, logical mind.

Gary Ottoson... I will always remember him as Mr. Abbreviation.  Gary's
presence has raised the intellectual level a notch or two on TruthTalk.
While many of his posts were difficult to decipher for some, and nearly
impossible for the uneducated, he did at times come up with gems that
provoked further discussion.  Gary was a constant reminder to TruthTalk that
poets have something to say among those who wish to talk about truth.  Gary
also has a steadfastness to him that has been inspirational.

Judy Taylor has been a rock for the unadulterated truth.  Her adherence to
Scripture without any contamination from the thoughts of men will always be
in the back of my mind.  In my tendency toward curiosity about many ideas
and subjects, Judy has been that firm but gentle reminder of where my feet
need to be firmly planted.  Her strength of character and great love for God
has been an inspiration for me, and will continue to be an inspiration to me
for years to come.  One cannot come into contact with such a person and not
remember her when times of trials and persecution come because of the Word
of God.  Thank you Judy for being Judy.  You are greatly loved.

Linda Shields, well, Linda is Izzy... a fiesty cat.  I have learned to
appreciate her passion and independence of spirit.  In a day when many
Christians are generally somewhat reticent to declare political
affiliations, Linda would boldly proclaim her Republican affiliation as
quickly as she would her love for Jesus Christ.  She often shared
interesting articles and established points that were overlooked by her
detractors but heard by others.  Linda often tag teamed with Judy as if in a
wrestling tournament.  Linda's adherence to truth despite what others say
has been encouraging and helpful in the dialectic that formed around many
topics on TruthTalk.  Thank you Linda for your participation on TruthTalk,
which I know was trying for you at times.

Last but not least, I thank my daughter Christine for taking time to
participate.  I tried to get her mother, Caroline, to join us, but she would
not forget a time when she posted to another list before TruthTalk and
people made the charge that I was posting and pretending to be her.  She did
not want to deal with that kind of foolishness.  Thank you, Christine, for
sharing your life with us here.  As my life with you will continue beyond
TruthTalk, there is not much more for me to say in this forum right now.
You are always an inspiration to me and the love of my life.  As you know, I
am always so proud of you and the choices you make.

I realize that I have neglected to name everyone I have appreciated on
TruthTalk over the years.  Right now I am remembering Pagan Wolf, Jim
Elsman, Adrian Horien, Patrick Johnston, Daniel Lee, Eric Melendez, Rudi
Lopez, Jason Hartz, Cathy Dunn, Ruthy Lipka, Pete Krostag, Marlin Halverson,
Andrew Bain, and many others.  Time does not allow me to address everyone.
I felt it best to share at least a few thoughts about the ones that I have
mentioned.

Some wonder why I took so much time to remove the list, but it was a great
part of my life for many years.  One does not dismantle something like this
overnight because it did not come into being overnight.  I want to thank
everyone for their interest in discussing truth with me.  I do not know the
future and what kinds of things are ahead of me, but I know that whatever I
do, a piece of everyone who has been on TruthTalk will be with me.  Thank
you all.  I hope everyone will feel comfortable writing me from time to
time, as the good Lord leads you.

Peace be with you,

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed.  If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.