Suppose I want to modify a kernel parameter, such as SEMOPM.
I:
 su
 cat /proc/sys/kernel/sem
And see:
250     32000   32      128
So I:
 echo 250       32000   100     128 > /proc/sys/kernel/sem
Great, until the next reboot. If I had an old kernel, I'd have to modify
some source and recompile the kernel. These days I understand the
preferred method is to put this echo command in an "init script"
someplace. Can anyone clarify this more for me? Should I put this in my
rc.local?

And as long as we're using this list, do we have any plans for a meeting
this semester? I would present Kerberos config but I have only just
finished getting all the necessary files, forget actually trying to go
through the installation procedure in the docs.

Sean