On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 05:08:03PM -0500, Caleb Jorden wrote:

> SSL certs are very expensive.  We only have one.  And they are
> continuous fees every year.

Since we already have one, there would be no reason to buy
another.  Presumably a directory update form would just go on the
secure server like other things that require security.

I can't tell by reading about NTLM web authentication, but if it
is comparable to regular NTLM (and vulnerable to l0phtcrack for
almost everyone) then basic authentication on the Truman network
could be reasonable--that is, not really worse than NTLM.  Of
course the proxy server complicates this by making remote people
local.

Don

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>