Vega Strike is a rather neat GPL space simulation/shoot 'em up game:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

An offshoot (for all of you Star Trek fans) is Vega Trek which is still
in the early stages, but they have playable Mac and Win versions
(currently 0.2.0).  It can be installed on Linux, but it's a bit
interesting as you have to copy the data on top of an already existing
Vega Strike install:
http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/vegatrek/

~Jordan

Ian Monroe wrote:

>On Wednesday October 29th, 6:30pm in VH1232 we will have our TSLUG
meeting. I
>plan on giving a presentation on Linux games. Basically, this means I
bring
>my computer in and show you some of the options.
>
>These are the games I might demo:
>*Neverwiner Nights (w/expansion)
>*Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo
>*Starfighter (yey! Amiga game developers make the best games.)
>*Frozen-bubble
>*Kiki the Nano Bot
>*fortune (not really a game, but its funny and people should know about
it)

>Email me if you know of any other cool free-as-in-beer games.
>
>And probably show off the huge list of games available easily for
Gentoo