> > Another question: do I undestand correctly that the lateral
> > cache lacks
> > the invalidate-message sending of the centralized remote cache?
>
> My impression is the idea of lateral cache is fundamentally flawed.  So I
> just igore it.

Can you back that up?

I like the lateral cache, it makes a lot of sense to me -- especially
built on top of a reliable multicast messaging system.

All peers share elements as they are added to / removed from the cache.
For more consistency, a member can broadcast a get request to its peers
just in case it never received the broadcast (if it was rebooted
perhaps).