Extra info ;)
I assume that a dist target also tests the code (never used dist btw..)
eg the Eclipse project also makes a dist with failed tests...

Cut & past from a mail of them :

Integration build 200205291235 is now available for download from
eclipse.org.
<start>
NEW!   HPUX-MOTIF drops now available

Failed Unit Tests: