> >> groupId is whatever someone chooses it to be. in the case of
> >> commons-collections, the groupId is commons-collections.
>
> >But that's kind of my point, this isn't scalable.  A Project ID is
not
> >necessarily unique.  The large the repository grows the more
> >unmanageable it will become.
>
> Jason didn't understand this in the pre4 time frame. What makes you
> think that suddently he changed his mind?

Listen.  I'm new to Maven.  Whatever baggage is exists in this project
is not my concern.  Maven is great and has a lot of potential.  I see
room for a possible improvement and I'm trying to articulate that as
best as possible.  After all this is open source.  Honestly, I'm not
that concerned wit pre4 time frame (obviously any long lasting design
decisions that were made, are explainable).  I *DO* care about the
future roadmap!  I'm not throwing mud, I'm trying to help.

Maybe Jason didn't see this before, maybe he sees it better now, maybe
it was articulated poorly before, maybe it still needs to be explained
better, whatever the case lets just keep the discussion technical.  If
someone doesn't agree, convince them.  If you can't, don't whine, keep
trying, or fork off ;-)

> The whole "everything in one repository on the planet" approach is
> flawed. That's what I'm saying for four month now. And Jason gave me a
> "whiner" label because of that.

No offense, but I would have to give this email a "whiner" label myself,
and I've only been on this list several days.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I have no personal feelings
involved.  I think a de-centralized repository approach would be
extremely COOL!  I will work with everyone on this list to formalize the
idea into a solid design, that hopefully will turn into +1's across the
board :-)

Nothing personal, just ideas -

- Mike

>       Regards
>               Henning
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/
>
> Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services
> freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development  -- hero for hire

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]