Hi,

We have a fairly large project made of many individual modules that we are
migrating from Ant to Maven. Each module has its own jUnit tests that also
depend on a large testing framework we have written. We need to be able to
specify a dependency from the project's pom to our test framework, so the
correct version is resolved against our internal remote repo. However, we
want this test framework to only be added to the compilation and runtime
classpath for the tests. We do not want the test framework added to the
classpath used for compilation of the regular module source code itself.
What is the best way to accomplish this? I have thought about having a
java:compile preGoal that removes the test framework from the dependency
classpath. But, I have not gotten this to work yet and I am not sure if this
is the best approach. Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas. BTW, we are
using beta8.

David Zeleznik
ILOG - Changing the rules of business
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]