From: James CE Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 March 2003 18:10
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WAR building

> Does anyone have an example maven.xml & project.xml which builds a .war
> that I could review please? This would greatly boost my understanding
> and get me started.

I don't have a simple one that I can post but I can offer some words of
advice...

You don't need anything in your maven.xml to build a war file. In fact,
you don't even *need* a maven.xml. The goal war:war is in the existing
plugin and will create target/MyStuf.war for you.

In your project.xml:

Give your project an id:
  <id>MyStuff</id>

And a version:
  <currentVersion>1.0-alpha</currentVersion>

Specify jarfiles that need to be in the warfile thusly:
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <id>struts</id>
      <version>1.1-RC1</version>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle.jar>true</war.bundle.jar>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
   ... other <dependency> elements ...
  </dependencies>

Specify your source location thusly:
  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
  </build>

You'll also need src/webapp/WEB-INF with the "normal" webapp stuff. eg --
web.xml, jboss-web.xml (if applicable), struts-config.xml (if you're doing
struts), etc... But you should already have these if you've built war
files for webapps before.

That should get you started.