> Have you tried VLC by any chance? It may not work with the codec that
> I've used for this incarnation of the video. I'm not sure, but VLC
> plays an awful lot of files.

VLC in their features list does not mention QuickTime, so I will assume
it uses the same technology that mplayer does - that is, it utilizes
emulation of Windows codecs under foreign systems.  Again, that isn't
going to cut it for my loverly 64-bit system.

Experimenting with mplayer-bin under Gentoo it seems to work, but
suffers from interesting problems due to linking against odd library
versions.  (For example, mine is unable to deal with spaces in names,
no matter how quoted or escaped I make it. ;)