m h wrote:
> My bad, that was using easy_intall-script.py.  Using ez_setup.py I it
> appears to work... (Is that a bug in easy_install-script.py?
> Shouldn't they be doing the same thing?)

In principle, yes; in practice, Windows has trouble upgrading files
that you are currently running; that's why if you're upgrading
setuptools on Windows, it's better to use ez_setup.py (since it's not
changed by upgrades).  I hope to have a fix for this issue, but it's
probably still weeks away as I've got quite a backlog of other issues
for setuptools.  :(