The TurboGears community has grown by leaps and bounds over what it
was when Sebastian did the inner templates for the current site. I
have a bunch of ideas for what should go into the site now, and it's
time to think about what the site should look like for 0.9/1.0.

The images you sent are certainly an improvement, but I share the sentiment with several others that I have heard that think TurboGears's branding isn't very good. I think Django and Rails both have better logos, color schemes, websites, and general branding. This isn't to knock the hard work of those who worked on the current site and branding, just an observation. Its not even the information on the site, its mostly the presentation.

I think that Rails has evidenced how important branding is, especially when it comes to web development. I would love to see TurboGears do what Rails did, and have a branding campaign as part of the push towards 1.0. Pay a really, genuinely good designer (like Jon Hicks, in the case of Rails) to help us lowly programmers brand TurboGears. This is an investment in the future of the project and would draw in more users, and contributers.

Am I alone here?

-- Jonathan

--
Jonathan LaCour