> as Kevin already said "TurboGears" should be
> written in only a word

I completely agree, which is why this particular idea may not work too
well, but as it happens I was copying Kevin's idea:

> I roughed this up in a
> few minutes to show the idea, but it's not a serious implementation:
> http://www.blazingthings.com/logo-beveled.png

> 'TurboGears' stops being legible when the dimensions get smaller than 72x72

If you just shrunk the image there down then I'm not surprised, as the
text is meant to be kind of subtle as it is, I think these gold gears
are kind of pretty artwork, they wouldn't work as a 'logo' per-say.