El Tue 09 Sep 2008, Christopher Arndt escribió:
> Florent Aide schrieb:
> > On 9/10/08, Zero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> No don't have TG2 nor pylons installed but I do have lots of other
> >> python modules of course.
> >>  I will try a new approach, uninstall every package related to
> >> turbogears using apt and then use the python specific easy_install.py to
> >> install TG and all its dependencies from there.
> >
> > To avoid breaking your distribution package manager I would recommend
> > you use virtualenv: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv and then do
> > the easy_install inside the virtual-env of your choice.
>
> See also:
>
> http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/InstallNonRoot#method-one-using-virtualenv-r
>ecommended
>
> Chris

Excellent, I got it working finally thanks a lot for the help.

For those having similar issues, basically you just need to get *all* the
turbogears related modules from one place only (preferably using
easy_install) and avoid mixing modules from your package manager and python
package manager.

As Florent and Chris have addressed is much more safer to have easy_install
install python packages locally (~/lib/python2.X) instead of system-wide
(/usr/lib/python2.X), I followed the pydistutils.cfg approach:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#custom-installation-locations

but virtual-env might be even better since doesn't require root access:

http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/InstallNonRoot

Thank you for your help again

cheers