Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi, Jeremy.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> For the SDO loader, I have posted a patch before (
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg03792.html ).
> Please review and apply.

Thanks - I remember the type scoping discussion that followed and forgot
the patch. I'll look at this later today.

> Thank you for bringing up the issue on how we support more flexible
> loader registrations. There are some potential use cases:
>
> 1) Register a loader by one or more element QNames (In the SDO loader
> impl, a QName for now is required to create a loader instance for the
> given element)

I think we can do this now by providing your own init method or
overriding start() and stop() in LoaderExtension - you just need to call
register multiple times. Would that work or did you mean something else?

> 2) Register a loader by one or more type QNames

We had talked about extending the Loader contract to support types (I'll
see if that is in the patch you referred to above). I think the current
approach would work for this as well - seem reasonable?

Once we do this I would suggest we also rename StAXElementLoader to
StAXLoader (as it will be able to handle more than just elements).

> 3) Register a loader by one or more namespaces
> 4) Register a loader by wildcards against QNames

I'd like to discuss these a little more in conjunction with the
extensibility story for SDO itself. I can see the value in SDO but this
may be overkill for SCA.

--
Jeremy