One of our SDO for PHP users is planning to run in a multi-threaded web server, and has asked us for a position on thread-safety.

They have run an evaluation tool and only found one thread-safety issue - the use of localtime() rather than localtime_r() in in commonj/sdo/SDODate.cpp. So I intend to raise a JIRA to ask you to change that - this could be a conditional compile if you don't want to use the thread-safe libraries by default.

However I expect you may have some more general thoughts about potential issues around thread-safety, which I would be interested to hear ...