On 5/2/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/2/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 5/2/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/30/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Excellent thanks, thats type type feedback I was looking for!
Comments
> > in
> > > line...
> > >
> > > On 4/30/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip/>
> > >
> > > I have a few questions and suggestions.
> > >

> > > I can't see these, i could just be blind or maybe its something
> > different
> > > about our environments could you give an example of what the file
> names
> > > are?
> > >
> > > - Also 2 empty xsds at the root of the JAR and com.example packages,
> > >

> > > The com.example.* files are coming from the databinding-jaxb and
> > > databinding-sdo modules, we need to fix those modules but I'm not
sure
> > > how.
> > > It looks like the jaxb and sdo plugins need to some way to say
they're
> > > test
> > > resources. Any one know how to fix this?
> > >
> > > I can't see the 2 empty xsds, something different about our
> environments
> > > again?
> > >
> > > - I guess we're going to rename this to sca-1.0-beta1-incubating?
> > >

> > > Yes, the name should be being picked up from the pom, but i'll test
it
> > > does
> > > change. (Using the current format the name would be
> 1.0-incubating-beta1
> > ,
> > > do
> > > we really want 1.0-beta1-incubating?)
> > >
> > > - Like you said above, we'll have to include the javadoc for our
SPIs.

> > > Yes, I guess I can add that in now even though the SPIs aren't done
by
> > > just
> > > including the tuscany-core-spi module javadoc. Is javadoc for just
> these
> > > two
> > > modules enough (sca-api and core-spi). I've added this now, are
there
> > > other
> > > modules we want javadoc for?
> > >
> > > - How did you produce the single
META-INF/services/...ModuleActivator

> [...]
> > added
> > > exclusions in that pom.xml.
> > >
> > > - Could we have, in the bin distro, a tuscany-sca-src.jar containing
> all
> > >

> > > Thats a good idea, I'm not sure how though. The tuscany-sca.jar is
> built
> > > from all the <dependency> elements listed in the
> > > distribution/bundle/pom.xml, I could make a src jar by just zipping
up
> > > everything in sca/modules but it may end up including more than is
in
> > the
> > > tuscany-sca.jar. Anyone have any better ideas on how to do this?
> > >
> > > - How about renaming tuscany-sca.jar to tuscany-sca-all.jar, or any
> name
> > >

> > > OK, done.
> > >
> > > - The NOTICE will have to be updated as it contains obsolete
> > dependencies.
> > >

> > > Yep. Over the next days I'll trawl through all the license and
notice
> > > files
> > > to make sure they're correct.
> > >
> > > - I think it would be great to have Ant build scripts for some of
the

> > > Me too, I'll try to get one going today. Should we have all the
> samples
> > > have
> > > both maven and Ant build scripts, or just Ant, or some samples have
> Ant
> > > and
> > > others have Maven?
> > >
> > > - Pre-built sample JARs would be great too, but not as important if
we

> > > There are pre-built sample jars in the sample target directory, eg,
> > > samples\calculator\target\tuscany-
> > > sample-calculator-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
> > >
> > > I've updated the distribution build scripts with the above changes
> now.
> > >
> > >    ...ant
> > >
> > Hi I just this minute took a fresh update of sca to make ant scripts
for
> > the
> > samples. I have some questions...
> >
> > - why does tuscany-sca-manifest.jar not have a version number?
> > - What is intention of tuscany-sca-all.... I need a classpath with all
> > tuscany jars on. Currently its in tuscany-sca-manifest but it doesn't
> pick
> > up the dependencies in the modules directory as they are in ../modules
>

> The idea is that tuscany-sca-manifest.jar is an easy way for users to be
> able to add tuscany-sca and all the dependencies to their classpath when
> they have the binary distribution. It only works when its in the same
> directory as all the other jars so its not distributed out side of the
> binary distro so i don't think it needs "-incubating-" in the name, and
> because its not distributed separately i left off a version number, not
> sure
> if thats good or not but it does make the name nice and short.

Ok, fair point.

The tuscany-sca-all-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar is made from combining all
> the tuscany-sca modules into a single jar. It would get published to the
> maven repository so needs "-incubating-" and a version number in the
name.
> The idea for this jar is that while its good to have lots of individual
> modules for Tuscany developers as that prevents code tangles but that
> actually makes things harder for users as they have dozens of jars to
> worry
> about. This is a first attempt at the -all- jar which just incudes
> _everything_, we may end up wanting different versions for different
> environments.

Sounds like a good idea to me. A question about the  state of the build
today (I appreciate this is  just a point in time so not giving you a hard
time). When I run the distribution build I get a bin zip where

1. tuscany-sca-all-1.0-incubation-SNAPSHOT.jar is in the lib dir
2. It doesn't appear to have any useful content (maybe I'm looking at it
the
wrong way)
3. tuscany-sca-manifest.jar has all of the tuscany libs referenced in its
manifest but of course they are not in the lib dir so I can;t make use of
that list

Happy to help trying to make this work but I don't know whether its a
product of my environment or whether this just isn't done yet.

This seems like a bug. I've posted the binary distro I built this morning at
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/latest/, that doesn't look like
the one you get? The all jar is created by the distribution/bundle module,
i've posted the console log from me building that at
http://rafb.net/p/3zqmcK41.html, how does that compare to when you do that?