We've had a Java SCA release every month for a while now so to keep up that
momentum I think it would be good to have an October release as well. It
would probably take too much work to do that from the trunk for October, so
how about a 1.0.1 release based on the 1.0 branch?  There's a bunch of
sample readme fixes there's jiras for, a number of smallish bug fix changes
have gone into trunk that we could add to a 1.0.1 release, and we could skim
through all the commits in since 1.0 to see if there's any other changes we
could add that are not too disruptive. To make it by the end of October we'd
probably need to be voting on an RC by around Wednesday next week, i think
thats doable and worthwhile, so would like to start doing this. An
alternative would be to try for a bigger 1.1 release in November but that
would be more work and i'm not sure we've enough new function to justify a
full point release yet. Comments? If i don't hear against I'd like to start
work on a 1.0.1 in the weekend.