To: "tuscany-dev" <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: How about a Java SCA 1.0.1 release for October?

On 10/20/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/19/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We've had a Java SCA release every month for a while now so to keep up
> that momentum I think it would be good to have an October release as > well. > It would probably take too much work to do that from the trunk for > October,
> so how about a 1.0.1 release based on the 1.0 branch?  There's a bunch
> of sample readme fixes there's jiras for, a number of smallish bug fix
> changes have gone into trunk that we could add to a 1.0.1 release, and
> we could skim through all the commits in since 1.0 to see if there's > any > other changes we could add that are not too disruptive. To make it by > the > end of October we'd probably need to be voting on an RC by around > Wednesday > next week, i think thats doable and worthwhile, so would like to start > doing
> this. An alternative would be to try for a bigger 1.1 release in
> November but that would be more work and i'm not sure we've enough new
> function to justify a full point release yet. Comments? If i don't hear
> against I'd like to start work on a 1.0.1 in the weekend.

I've created a 1.0.1 branch for this: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.0.1/

We're a bit pressed for time to get this out in October so need to be
careful not to cause any regressions that may disrupt a vote. Lets have
JIRAs for every commit so the CHANGES file can clearly show the delta over
1.0 and please first discuss any non-trivial changes before committing.

Also, I'd like to nominate Raymond to be release manager for this.