It simply needs an exclude of the openejb dependency which will  prevent
castor being draged in :

            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>openejb</groupId>
                    <artifactId>openejb-loader</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>

We could still make an October release if we can get an RC out for review
ASAP

   ...ant