On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Giorgio Zoppi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2008/6/4 ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Currently the trunk has a version of 2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT, we need to
> > remove "incubating" at some point and as its not clear if the next
> release
> > would be 2.0 or something else so i wondered if we should also remove the
> > 2.0 giving a trunk version of simply "SNAPSHOT"? Any comments on that or
> the
> > timeframe for doing the change? I'd like to do it nowish so we have some
> > time to discover any problems before the next release.
> >
> >   ...ant
> >

> Hi ant,
> could you try a fresh build from svn?
> I've some problems with and I 'd go on with my work before we're
> arriving to 2.0.
>

> Ciao,
> Giorgio.
> ---
> "Venceremos adelante, o victoria o muerte!"

I agree that it doesn't feel like the next release will be 2.0
I would prefer that we keep the trunk compatible with our 1.X level APIs for
the time being as it feels like there is still a more 1.X releases to do
If people are going to start making breaking changes in a branch (we
discussed this under the 2.0 thread but it's not happening yet) then it
would be useful to me to have the trunk poms marked with 1.X SNAPSHOT so
that I know by looking on my disc what I'm working with
When (if?) the time comes down the line to break from our 1.X APIs we could
then go to SNAPSHOT  or 2.0 SNAPSHOT

Regards