On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Simon Laws wrote:

>>> release

>>> the

>>> Hi ant,
>>> could you try a fresh build from svn?
>>> I've some problems with and I 'd go on with my work before we're
>>> arriving to 2.0.
>>>

>>> Ciao,
>>> Giorgio.
>>> ---
>>> "Venceremos adelante, o victoria o muerte!"
>>>

>> I agree that it doesn't feel like the next release will be 2.0
>> I would prefer that we keep the trunk compatible with our 1.X level APIs
>> for
>> the time being as it feels like there is still a more 1.X releases to do
>> If people are going to start making breaking changes in a branch (we
>> discussed this under the 2.0 thread but it's not happening yet) then it
>> would be useful to me to have the trunk poms marked with 1.X SNAPSHOT so
>> that I know by looking on my disc what I'm working with
>> When (if?) the time comes down the line to break from our 1.X APIs we
>> could
>> then go to SNAPSHOT  or 2.0 SNAPSHOT
>>
> I think it's useful to have some version number.  "1.x" seems to clearly
> describe what we are currently developing in trunk, so my preference
> is for "1.x-SNAPSHOT".
>
>  Simon

Lots of different views so far on this thread, better than no one replying
:) I'm tempted to go with "1.x-SNAPSHOT" as I think from whats been said
most would be ok with that, please say if you would _not_ be unhappy with
it. Note that all other projects I've looked at use either a specific
numeric number followed by the "-SNAPSHOT" suffix, or else just the string
"SNAPSHOT" for the trunk version, so having the letter "x" as part of our
version number makes for an "unusual" version name. Don't see why it
shouldn't work though.