On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mike Edwards wrote:
>
>> Simon Laws wrote:
>>
>>> It's been a little while now since we did our 1.2 release. Since then
>>> there
>>> has been lots of activity and of course we have graduated. It feels like
>>> the
>>> right time to do a 1.3 release. Looking back at the mail list over the
>>> last
>>> couple of months there are quite a few candidates for inclusion that I
>>> can
>>> see;
>>>
>>> Better BPEL support
>>> Improvements to the domain manager app
>>> Improved runtime Java2WSDL processing
>>> Support for validation monitoring
>>> Databinding improvements
>>> Performance improvements
>>> JSR250 annotation support
>>> OSGi support improvements and a simple OSGi runtime test
>>> Java 2 security enablement
>>> Quite a few more tests for various parts of the runtime
>>> Lots of JIRA fixes.
>>> and of course we can remove the "incubating" assignment and drum up a bit
>>> of
>>> publicity for our TLP graduation
>>>
>>> I'd also like to have a bit of a tidy up for this release and remove the
>>> old
>>> domain modules we are no longer using (I'll post on this separately)
>>>
>>> What else has been added or changed?
>>>
>>> I think the things I would like to get done can be closed off next week
>>> ready to cut a branch.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>>>  Yes, I give a +1.
>>
>> BPEL is looking a lot better now.  I'd like to add a couple of more
>> sophisticated itests/samples as well and the release will be a good spur.
>>

>> Yours,  Mike.
>>
>>  I think this is a good time to do a 1.3 release.  This would make
> the new runtime Java2WSDL generation available to Tuscany users,
> and resolve a number of issues with the previous code generation
> that used Axis2.  The other improvements listed are valuable as well.
>
>  Simon

OK, so it looks like people want to do this

Re. Luciano's question about RM. I'll volunteer to be RM this time round and
all help is greatly appreciated. If though Luciano (or anyone else for that
matter) you are keen to RM this time then I won't fight you for it;-) Would
seem a little unfair though as you did the last one.

Anyone have things they are working one that would stop us moving forward
with this and cutting the R1.3 branch at the end of this week?

Regards