The XSD is available here [1]. I would need to give it a try using
MySQL, but giving it a quick look on the DAS config files, looks like
connection info other then the derby one hasn't been updated recently,
and you would need to make some small modifications to it.

        <ConnectionInfo>
                <ConnectionProperties

driverClass="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource"
                        databaseURL="java:comp/env/jdbc/dastest"
                        user="root"
                        password="yourpassword"
                        loginTimeout="600000">
                </ConnectionProperties>