With the DAS beta1 release out, I'd like to look forward to things
that we want to do next for DAS.

I think that there are still couple things that we can improve our
core DAS features, the main one would be adding support for multiple
DAS implementations, and review our SDO 2.1 APIs usage.

As for our history with SCA integration, we have started efforts
around Data Services/Declarative DAS  (implementation.das) and Data
Feeds (implementation.data), and this is probably another area we
would like to continue to work going forward.

I also think we should continue to improve our user documentation and
distribution infrastructure to make our  release cut easier.

Below is a summary list of items and JIRAs that are related to these
possible items :

 - TUSCANY-986 - DAS integration with SDO 2.1 APIs
 - TUSCANY-961 - DAS: Using deprected SDO method causes Type lookup failure
 - Refactoring DAS to allow multiple implementatons

As for timeframe, maybe it would be good to have a release in the next
couple weeks, to support SDO 1.0 and be available to the SCA release,
so we can have the integration story with SCA available.

This is just of brain dump of where my thinking is at the moment, I'm
sure everyone has their own thoughts about things we should tackle. It
would be good to get to them all on the table :-)

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer