Luciano Resende wrote:
Now that we are making more progress with the SCA & BPEL integration
and have figured out how to make References to work, let's discuss
what could be the next steps on this area. Below are couple examples
of what we could do next

- WS-BPEL Process Introspection : Currently we are requiring SCA
componentType files, we could introspect the BPEL process file to
generate the component type information from it.

- Integrate BEPL with the store scenario tutorial : We could add a
OrderProcessing step to the store checkout, and illustrate a more real
integration scenario.

Other then these, we could review the
SCA_ClientAndImplementationModelFor BPEL and identify other areas that
we might need enhancements. Scenarios / Samples / Demos are always
welcome too. Or if you have other suggestions, feel free to jump to
the discussion.

BTW: Copying the ODE list in case they want to jump and help, or in
case they have other ideas.

Luciano,

WS_BPEL Process introspection is top of my list. Having to write componentType side files is a miserable business, particularly when all the information you need is sitting there in the BPEL Process XML. The Spring implementation is a good model - the Spring application context is ripped through to produce the componentType and so side file is ever needed.

A good BPEL sample is called for. One based on some order process seems good to me. It should also involve the BPEL process making asynchronous calls to back end services, which means stretching the support on references to include callbacks.

We should consider integrating with the tutorial after building a good standalone BPEL sample.

Yours,  Mike.