On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:03 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Yes, just using <binding.ws/> in the reference works.
>
> But, if the components are defined in seperate composites, I get the
> following warnings (as I expected):
>
> WARNUNG: Component reference target not found, it might be a remote
> service: CrawlerComponent
> WARNUNG: Component reference target not found, it might be a remote
> service: SpecialCrawlerComponent
>
> Is this a current limitation?
>
> Bye,
> Daniel
>

> > Hi Daniel
> >
> > Disregarding the multiple bindings angle for a moment. For a
> > single remote binding, looking at you composite I think the
> > reference side should look like....
> >
> >                <reference name="crawlers" multiplicity="1..n"
> > target="CrawlerComponent SpecialCrawlerComponent">
> >                        <binding.ws/>
> >                </reference>
> >
> > And the service side should be as you have it, e.g.
> >
> >                <service name="Crawler">
> >                        <interface.java
> > interface="interfaces.Crawler"/>
> >                        <binding.ws uri="
> > http://AFA-19393:8088/CrawlerComponent<http://afa-19393:8088/C
> > rawlerComponent>"
> > />
> >                </service>
> >
> >                etc.
> >
> > Does that work?
> >
> > Simon

Hi

It will work when reference and service are in different composites if you
use the domain workspace to process the composited prior to then being
deployed to nodes.

What happens is that you have the workspace-admin app running and you add
your contributions (containing the composites) to the workspace. You also
provide configuration which tells the workspace where the nodes are that are
going to run the composites and which composites they will run. Based on
this information the workspace make various (2 in the case of 2 composite to
run) atom feeds available. Each can be read by a node to determine which
composite to run and which contributions must be retrieved in order to
provide the artifacts required by the composite.

As you can probably imagine the workspace processes all the relationships
between all composite components and provides a fully configured composite
to each node, i.e. all of the binding URIs are filled out based on the
target relationships specified in the composite files. So it's basically a
pre-processing step. You can simulate the effect by manually adding the full
uri to the reference binding.ws in your case.

The calculator-distributed sample is a simple example of the use of the
workspace. You can fire up the workspace and play with the gui or look at
the 3 xml files in the top directory of that sample which the workspace
relies on for configuration.

Regards

Simon