Hi Mike,

Thank you for helping me out with this. I am basically stuck and I would really
like to
get this running. My goal is to get a bpel process exposed as a webservice and
running as
part of a web application.

The method I followed:
1) I took the sample-helloworld-bpel in your sample and made the following
changes to the
maven pom.
         a) Added axis-ws binding jar
         b) Replaced the host-embedded dependency with host-webapp
         c) Created src/main/webapp folder and changed the packaging of pom to
war.

2) The WSDL, the BPEL process and the composite file are exactly same as what's
given by
Tuscany sample helloworld-bpel

3) Added webapp/META-INF/sca-contribution.xml file

4) Introduced the "<binding.ws/>" element in the componentType file.

5) After maven packaged it, it was unpacked into Tomcat.

6) I copied the derby database directories (came with ode-1.1) into
WEB-INF/classes.

And when I started up the webapp I get the exception in my previous email. On
removing
the binding.ws element, it starts up correctly.

I am pasting below the contents of sca-contribution file and componentType file
which are
the only new additions I made.

sca-contribution.xml file:
<contribution xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0";
              targetNamespace="http://bpel";
              xmlns:bpel="http://bpel";>
   <deployable composite="bpel:bpel"/>
</contribution>

componentType file:
<componentType xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0";
        xmlns:wsdli="http://www.w3.org/2006/01/wsdl-instance";
        xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

  <service name="HelloService" promote="BPELHelloWorldComponent">
        <interface.wsdl
interface="http://tuscany.apache.org/implementation/bpel/example/helloworld.wsdl#wsdl.interface(HelloPortType)"
/>
        <binding.ws/>
  </service>

</componentType>

Any help to overcome this problem is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dalys
--- Mike Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dalys,
>
> Can you post the contents of the following files, please:
>
> - composite file
> - BPEL process file
> - WSDL file
>
> The WSDL file is especially important here - it defines the interface that
> the BPEL
> process is using
> and also any policies that may apply.
>
> It appears as if there is a failure at the point where Tuscany processes your
> componentType file and
> follows the <interface.wsdl..../> to the WSDL file.  The error message is VERY
> unfriendly and we
> must improve it, but it will be helpful to see what error is being caught.
>

> Yours,  Mike.
>

> Dalys Sebastian wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was missing the axis2-ws binding in the WEB-INF/lib. I added those libs
> > and
> verified
> > the dependencies with other working webapps and now the error has migrated
> > to the
> > following:
> > Any idea what's going wrong? (I don't get any errors if I omit
> > "<binding.ws/>" in the
> > componentType file.)

> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.PolicyAttachPointProcessor.resolvePolicies(PolicyAttachPointProcessor.java:243)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.xml.WebServiceBindingProcessor.resolve(WebServiceBindingProcessor.java:310)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.xml.WebServiceBindingProcessor.resolve(WebServiceBindingProcessor.java:59)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(DefaultStAXArtifactProcess
> > orExtensionPoint.java:252)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.java:109)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.BaseAssemblyProcessor.resolveContracts(BaseAssemblyProcessor.java:362)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.BaseAssemblyProcessor.resolveContracts(BaseAssemblyProcessor.java:311)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.ComponentTypeProcessor.resolve(ComponentTypeProcessor.java:340)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.ComponentTypeProcessor.resolve(ComponentTypeProcessor.java:57)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.java:109)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.ComponentTypeDocumentProcessor.resolve(ComponentTypeDocumentProcessor.java:112)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.ComponentTypeDocumentProcessor.resolve(ComponentTypeDocumentProcessor.java:44)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.java:86)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.processResolvePhase(ContributionServiceImpl.java:454)
> >         at

org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.addContribution(ContributionServiceImpl.java:348)

> > Thanks,
> > Dalys
> > --- Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> sometime
> >> and

> >> the

interface="http://tuscany.apache.org/implementation/bpel/example/helloworld.wsdl#wsdl.interface(HelloPortType)"

> >> warning
> >> Looks like you are missing the axis-ws binding dependency jar in your
> >> app. Could you please verify your dependencies ?

[27,9,"file:/C:/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/sample-helloworld-bpel/WEB-INF/classes/helloworld.componentType"])