Hi,

On Thu Apr 25, 2024 at 8:19 AM CEST, Ilias Apalodimas wrote:
> I've cc'ed all the people I could find in board specific MAINTAINER files.
> Can you respond to Richard with the proper company name & board name
> so we can bind the following GUIDs to a vendor properly?
> Richard any guidance on how this should be done properly is
> appreciated, since I am not too aware of LVFS internals.

Thanks for taking care!

> Kontron KONTRON_PITX_IMX8M_FIT_IMAGE_GUID c898e959-5b1f-4e6d-88e0-40d45cca1399

This (board) should likely be dropped to lower maintenance burden as
it is EOL and "not recommended for new designs".

> Kontron KONTRON_SL_MX8MM_FIT_IMAGE_GUID d488e45a-4929-4b55-8c14-86cea2cd6629

This is probably (at least) the wrong name. SL is a
System-on-Module, a small PCB that will be soldered on a carrier
board and cannot run on it's own and a customer using that SoM will
likely have their own bootloader. There is, though the "BL" which is
the in-house board for this SoM.

Company name is "Kontron Electronics GmbH".

> Kontron KONTRON_SL28_FIT_IMAGE_GUID 86ebd44f-feb8-466f-8bb8-890618456d8b

Company name is "Kontron Europe GmbH".

Both entities belong to the Kontron Group, not sure how this is
handled in LVFS though.

-michael