I too am not able to view data.  I am running Unidata 6.0 and have several
working ODBC applications.  I have had success with creating and connecting
with the .udl file mentioned in 1.  I have had success with the ODBC tool
downloaded from the website but cannot see any of the table views in the OLEDB
tool.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.