You can use UniObjects but remember that UniObjects represents a single
stateful login session (like a terminal) and web servers both stateless and
scalable.

Which means that:

A) you cannot persist state at the server. So anything like common blocks
and record locking probably go out the window.

B) you need sufficient connections/licences available to handle the
anticipated load.

C) you need to be aware of the licencing implications. You must still own
sufficient database licences for the number of concurrent users of your
applications, even if they are going through a multiplexing layer such as a
web server.

To use this correctly you need to either:

A) connect, do your processing and disconnect within a single page.

B) create a thread safe connection pool and route through that. Remember
that subsequent requests may route to different connections.

C) Look at RedBack, which is specifically designed for web access.

D) Wait for the new connection pooling recently announced by IBM.

Brian