Use FreeOpenSourceSoftwares, Stop piracy, Let the developers live. Get
a Free CD of Ubuntu mailed to your door without any cost. Visit :
www.ubuntu.com

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Russell John <russell.j...@ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Did you try creating a new user account and log in with it?  Check if
> you can log in or not.  (sudo adduser username)
>
> I believe you're still using GNOME?  Or are you on KDE now?

I have other user accounts and I forgot their passwords(common scenerio :P)
 And I tried to login those dont authenticate.

and My usual account does.   All it happened is a malfunctioning  Xserver,
which I believe.
Yes still using Gnome as didn't feel comfortable with KDE didn't have much
time for getting familiar with lots of features (ie. shortcut keystrokes and
many other handy things).

I tried to login with sessions like  :  default, gnome, kde, failsafe etc
 all of them  just  does the blank screen attempt to load the
xserver(desktop) then flicker and come back to  login screen.

with   df  command it showed usage  stats of  less than 26% at any
partitions.  /home was not shown there.

need an urgent solution as I am using IRDA on Nokia 6020 ( the cable dont
get the modem detected on windows) which is really slow like less than 1kB/s
to 3.5kB/s