Hey Samuel,

I'd be hesitant to go rooting my phone. For starters, because Android is
basically a crippled down version of Linux, in that way that it's not
made to have a seperate sudo account. So if you give yourself root
powers, any hack on your phone can touch the whole phone (and wreck it).

By rooting it, you're basically taking away the Linux security Android
has...

Grtz,
Jurgen