Hello Merijn, all,

i live in the Rupelstreek, that's below Antwerp, and I'm not all that happy driving to Ghent. (what with it's accessibility (or lack of)). Also, the terms "hacker" and "hackerspace" still carry a negative connotation with most of the non-tech savvy people i meet.
That might slow down things also, imho.

If i'm allowed to think out loud for a minute, i'd say there's potential for Linux in the Rupelstreek. As far as i know, there's not too many of us linux users around here. Maybe in the future, a launch party in these parts of the country would help things forward a bit. That would need a suitable location of course, but I've got a few venues in my mind.

On the other hand i realize that if everybody sticks to his/her geographical location, the team will have a hard time getting together. And that's not a suitable option either.

Kind regards,

Tom.